Sunday, November 20, 2011

Watercolors!!!

I was  so inspired by Donna Downey's Inspiration Wednesday video this week!  What really intrigued me was the product she used to turn ordinary paper into a surface that would take watercolors -- Golden Absorbent Ground.  Then I went on the hunt for it. Found it. My Mom has long called poppies "such happy little flowers" and Donna used them in her video I thought, let me give this a try - but on canvas! I was leery at first because I didnt want to make a mistake but then I remembered in art, there are no mistakes! And I WENT FOR IT!  I love how it turned out.  I had this GREAT frame that I picked up on clearance for $1!(yes $1!!) and my happy lil flowers look so pretty it in! Cannot wait to try another canvas! This GOLDEN product is AWESOME!
~Seek Balance!



1 comment:

  1. gorgeous!
    that little bit about in art there are no mistakes was one of the best pieces of advice i heard all through spark! i'm always so scared to make something that doesn't turn out the way i want it to that i talk myself out of even trying.:D

    ReplyDelete