Thursday, January 3, 2013

Bookbinding - 1st Attempt!

I watched an awesome video on bookbinding by Effy Wild and made my first book.  I learned about folios, signatures, all sorts of stuff!! Even though I thought it was plenty of floss I discovered it was not, so I had ran out of floss but was able to McGyver it and finish adding the signatures.  I was not too happy with the way the spine turned out.  Today I added a finished look to the spine and I like it SO much more!! Now I am really happy!!
I used a combination of 140lb watercolor paper and 100lb Britsol paper - both by Strathmore.  I didnt have enough watercolor paper but I like the differences in the surface.  The covers and spine I used the backing of the paper pads- repurpose :)   They are a SUPER HEAVY duty cardboard and I really Love the weight and quality.  I think it will take all I like to add/layer onto my covers very nicely.
As it starts to come along I will post more pics.  Thanks for looking!
{{so far keeping my resolution to blog a lil more ;) }}
~SeekSoulBalance!!







1 comment:

  1. What about magazines? How long do you think it will take for digital magazines to line the edges of your grocer's counter? With the expense associated with the Harry Potter-like images haunting the digital ads in today's magazines, it's going to be quite a while before companies begin to jump on board. Until then, you can guarantee printers around the world are going to continue to churn out copies of Elle, Vogue, GQ, Sports Illustrated and Home & Garden, just the way they do today.

    Book Binding Boston

    ReplyDelete